Thursday, July 28, 2005

Global Voices

Just set up the Ireland page on Global Voices.

Obviously I've just thrown in the Planet Redbrick link. Blatent plug ;o)
Actually I notice that some pages have been spammed to bits. The unfortunate side effect of using a Wiki :o/

I found out about Global Voices from the page about Cambodian blogs. I can't remember where I got the link to that page from.. it's been one of those days.

This particular blog by ThaRum contains an interesting viewpoint on life in Cambodia and especially issues of literacy and the digital divide.

It's a shame that some people can spew so much hyperbole about blogs and how wonderful they are when there are still many many people in the world who cannot read, let alone use a computer.

I see people coming out of a methadone clinic near where I work almost every day. I wonder if they know how to use a computer or have ever used one..

1 comment:

admin said...

Thanks indeed for mentioned about my weblog.